Once you add a WordPress blog to your website, you’ll have the “guts” of the program. But its appearance may not match your brand. Next, you can change the photo and colors of the theme WordPress provides, or you can change the theme altogether, as most business owners do.
Inside the WordPress control panel or dashboard, you’ll find a large number of free theme templates or you can search online to locate free themes to download. PLUS, you can purchase templates from reliable sources such as http://www.elevatingyourbusiness.com/a/catalog/Marias_Website_Blog_Resources.html Elegant, Thesis, or other companies Your web designer can do all this work and create a “branded” theme for you, too.
As I update my own website branding, I recently tested many paid versions of themes, but didn’t exactly find what I was looking for. I honestly didn’t even look at the free WordPress themes, as I’ve done that in the past, because they were so outdated. But I decided to give free themes another “look-see”.
That’s where I came across two themes that I really liked, FirmaSite and Customizr. I chose FirmaSite. I am more than happy with the results. You can see what I created right here at the blog you’re reading.
There were a few tweaks that I wanted to make, so I wrote to the software developer, Ünsal Korkmaz, who was very generous with his help. He offers a free forum to ask questions. One or two of the things I asked for have actually been incorporated into the upgrades of the theme.
I was so impressed with the theme, and the support, that I decided to write this recommendation. You can learn more about the theme at http://theme.firmasite.com/ where you can click on the link on the right hand side of the screen and view the different “skins” (looks) you’d like on your blog.
To insert it into your WordPress blog, go into your administrative control panel, click on appearance, click on themes, click on install, find the theme in your list of themes, install, and then activate it. Then you or your web designer can customize it to mirror the look of your website.
What I like about the theme:
- The support is beyond great.
- It is modern and looks very professional.
- It includes sliders if I choose to use them.
- It was easy to insert my header graphic into the program.
- It comes with 13 different “looks” (called skins) that can be customized to match your brand.
- You can easily add information on the right side using widgets.
- You can include 3 columns within the look of the page (see the bottom of this page).
- In addition to the blog pages showing full articles or snippets of articles, you can tile the articles to show 10 or so articles on a page.
If you’re looking for a new blog theme, I recommend you try http://theme.firmasite.com/ first.