Business good, but you want GREAT? Financial businesses can do well without planning, many do. However, at some point in their business cycle, they become stuck.
To become a high performing organization, to grow your firm more rapidly, a firm needs a strong foundation which includes a planning and monitoring process. Got yours? I sure do have mine!
Back in 2000, a major shift in my business occurred when I came across the One Page Business Plan® process. Now, as a certified consultant for the program, I help business owners, executives, and teams to make major shifts in their business or career.
Don’t let the simplicity of the name fool you. While the process helps you create a business and marketing plan — your planning process should be much more. It should:
- Help you diagnosis how every area of your business is doing.
- Clarify your thinking and focus on the elements that are the most critical to your success.
- Test your ideas without having to put large amounts of cash at risk.
- Help you to boost the profits and performance of your small company or department.
- Be ready to be used over and over again.
No Excuses! Create Your Plan Your way!
If you’re on a tight budget or prefer to create your plan yourself, do it based on your current operations and business skills. Purchase the workbook that includes the Entrepreneur Toolkit CD (for PC and MAC use). It includes systematic, practical, interactive exercises and templates, worksheets, powerful sales calculators, mini-sales budgets, one-page performance scorecards, sample plans, and bonus tools! All created in programs you usually have on your computer — MS Excel and Word files. Fee: up to $35 plus an average of 18 hours of your time.
Do It With Some Help
Sit down at your PC to create your plan in our software in a cloud in approx. 90 minutes. Then you’ll have what’s in your head on paper. Next, let me help you take your plan to the next level and beyond with two hours of 1:1: coaching taped for you to review and update Fee: $999
Do It In a Day
1) Your team members can create a solid draft of a plan for their position within your firm in a day at your office, a retreat center, virtually, or a place you designate. Ask me more about this program for your firm.
2) Each quarter we hold a one-day virtual group program. We hold this event
Do it With Your Peers
Fee: $499 for six months.
Do It In a Weekend
Your finalized plan will be completed for you in less than 12 hours and placed online where you can start using it on Monday. You can’t get much easier than that and have a viable plan you’ll use every day. (I did say there were NO excuses, didn’t I?) Done as we sit in my office, your office, a retreat center or using Skype (web cam not necessary). I ask you lots of clarifying questions. As you’re providing me with answers, I’ll create the plan for you. Email me today to schedule a time to talk with me about this program.
Fee: $3000 (one person involved)
The One-Page Business Plan process® helps you simply create your plan and in doing so, it gives you a system to monitor your progress. Creating a plan now, will save you hours upon hours’ worth of your valuable time and will help you make fewer large and costly mistakes.
Isn’t that what you need as a financial advisor who is running a business? Systems and processes that work and more time to do what you’re passionate about? Below are 10 key elements of any process.
1. It helps you choose opportunities more wisely and waste less time because you have a plan in place.
2. A single page can contain all the elements you need to tell your employees, board of directors, potential partners or banker where you are taking your business and how you are going to get there.
3. The most important reason to have a business plan is to clarify your thinking, regardless of the size of your company.
4. Knowing where you’re going creates hope and enthusiasm about the future.
5. It facilitates creating and analytical thinking, problem solving, communication, and teamwork.
6. It also brings out procrastination, frustration, differences of opinions and possibly anger.
7. Writing your important initiates transforms ideas to reality.
8. Writing allows your staff to participate in your dream and give you feedback.
9. Using your plan daily, you’ll create the day’s priorities and make decisions about your business.
10. You’ll be able to create balanced scorecards, templates, budgets, and use lots of bonus tools to help keep you on track!
©2009 Maria Marsala, Strategic Business Coach, Speaker and former Wall Street Trader at Elevating www.CoachMaria.com