What will you notice about successful financial advisors and business owners alike? You’ll notice that they created–either in the beginning of their business or along the way–a variety of systems that have proved, over time, to help them be more successful. They have systematized their businesses.
S.Y.S.T.E.M.S. help you:
Money and be more
The list below outlines 10 Requirements for Success. Make sure that your business is on the road to more success. If you want to play with the big girls and boys, do what they do!
1. Before you get in front of more people–qualified people, your ideal clients, your target market–you need to identify who those people are and what makes them tick.
2. Before you grow your business, you need to update your business vision.
3. Before you talk to that next person, you have to be really clear on what makes you and your firm different from the rest.
4. Before you ask for referrals, you need to make sure you’re only asking your BEST clients for referrals or you’ll end up with more “clients from hell”.
5. Before you try to be accountable, you need to make sure that you’re heading toward the “right” goals.
6. Before you hire new employees, you need to determine who you really need, create job descriptions, and design a hiring process.
7. Before you make the next big decision in your business, you need to have a good idea how that decision will affect your business 12 months from now–and when you exit your business.
8. Before you learn anything about a new process or system, you need to know if you’ll be able to reuse the system in the future to grow your business.
9. Before you are able to work a “normal” work week, you have to determine who you need on your team.
10. Before you’re able to market, you have to stop Spaghetti Marketing and start marketing strategically.
©2013 Maria Marsala guides independent financial advisors to reach their 5-year business and personal goals in 24 months. She is a business coach, speaker, and a former Wall Street Trader. Named one of the Top 30 International Coaching Gurus in 2011, Maria has been recognized as a thought leader whose ideas have been published in Financial Planning Magazine, RIA Biz, Advisor Max, Dow Jones, The Street, Entrepreneur Magazine, and numerous books, trade journals, and magazines. She has authored four business-building workbooks including, Attracting Clients You Love Working With: 6 Steps to a Profitable Client Base. Did you find this article thought provoking? Get more delivered directly to your inbox. Sign up here.
Want To Use Today’s Article In Your Newsletter Or Blog?
Editors, publishers & webmasters: In addition to the article you see here, Maria has a library of over 300 business development, marketing, networking, and social media articles available for reprint. Learn how you can receive access to these articles free at http://www.marketingwithintegrity.com/elevating-your-business-reprint-guidelines/