It’s a costly and hard-learned lesson in business: saying “no” to an interested prospect that does NOT fit your ideal client profile. It’s counter intuitive, but taking just any client who responds to your advertising may cost you money, aggravation, and time.
Remember, your ideal client:
a) has done their homework and is ready to hire,
b) doesn’t haggle with you about price because they value what you’re offering,
c) comes back when they need you again,
d) is your biggest fan who sends you testimonials without asking, and
e) automatically refers you to others.
If you don’t choose a niche, you’ll constantly have to learn the ins and outs of other industries, marketing segments, consumer bases, business owner levels, etc. While that’s a nice change of pace once in awhile, it will drive you nuts (read: waste time and energy) if you constantly operate this way. More importantly, you won’t become known as an expert in anything and will constantly be reinventing the wheel.
Here are 10 reasons to limit yourself to one niche or ideal client:
1. You’ll learn and master the communications that perk up their ears.
2. You’ll attract new clients as you construct a better marketing funnel with relevant e-books, free articles, etc.
3. You’ll be more confident speaking in front of your prospects.
4. It’s easier to create new products for your clients (and new revenue streams for your business).
5. You’ll use your networking time more strategically.
6. You save money and convert more clients when you laser-focus your advertising.
7. Your ideal clients associate with others who are like them (which generates ideal referrals).
8. You’ll be happier working with people who value what you’re offering.
9. You’ll become known as an expert more quickly.
And the bottom line is:
10. Your business will be more successful and you’ll be paid more.
Learn more about your ideal clients? Visit www.CorporateSecretsMarketing.com/eyb/tele/idealclient.html
(c) 2010 Elevating Your Business. About the author: As an unstoppable business strategist
and former Wall Street trader, Maria Marsala specializes in helping RRs and advisors increase their productivity and production. For 20 years on The Street, she helped financial professionals sell more bonds and secure loyal clients. Today, they attract higher-quality clients and grow their
businesses to serve their lives – not the other way around. Uncover the areas of your business screaming for your immediate attention and those that deserve a big hurrah! Request Maria’s Empire Builder Kit (free) at www.ElevatingYourBusiness.com
About Maria Marsala
Business advisor, speaker, and prolific writer, Maria founded Coach Maria in 1998 to work with service business owners. Having grown up on Wall Street, it's not surprising that in 2010, her firm morphed into Elevating Your Business with a mission is to help financial advisors simplify business, advise more, and live better. Maria was named one of the top 30 international coaches in 2011, has helped service business owners in more than 40 industries to substantially grow their firms and take long vacations, and has taught business, technology and marketing programs at various colleges. She lives in Poulsbo, WA, a ferry ride from Seattle, WA. She grew up in Brooklyn and moved eventually took the other ferry from Staten Island to NYC each day. For a short time, she lived in rural North Carolina, too. She works in the United States and Canada and has had clients in the UK, Netherlands, Spain, South Africa, and other parts of Europe, too.
Your privacy is important to us. We will never share your information.